viernes, septiembre 02, 2005

jGuru: I'm in the process of converting a webapp to using struts, am trying to use "best" practices to make sure that I keep presentation split from b

jGuru: I'm in the process of converting a webapp to using struts, am trying to use "best" practices to make sure that I keep presentation split from business, and I was wondering what all of you experts do to handle the data transition from model business logic beans to the presentation. As I see it, I can make what amounts to a bean for every single page that is going to be presenting data to the user. The bean contains the data and the JSP then displays the values in the bean. That seems like a real pain to have XXX beans. It's just a pain to have to make hundreds of bean classes. I suspect that I'm missing something here, but this is what i'm seeing. Most of the struts documentation that i can find doesn't really address the simple case of wanting to print data to the user. Lots of discussion of making forms in struts, but I'm just wanting to send data back to the presentation... The struts-example seems to basically use a single user bean that contains all the data and doesn't ever really do much business prep of return data; Artimus uses scaffolding to wrap everything in; struts-polls seems to use Collection and jsp knowledge of class names to get the data out.. So, I guess my question is... is there a consensus of any sort on how this should be done or, how do you do it, etc? Thanks, Kirby V.

No hay comentarios: